Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Advice For People with Mental Health Issues

If you need someone to talk to about how you are feeling, there is support in Kent from the 'Release the Pressure' helpline or just text the word Kent to 85258 or call 0800 107 0160.

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

KMPT provide a number of mental health services and further information is available on their website

Live Well Kent

Are a Kent wide organisation that help people to improve their mental and physical health and wellbeing. It is a free service for anyone over 17, for more details including contact information see Welcome | Live Well Kent

We Are With You Addaction

Are a UK wide drug and alcohol treatment charity, please see their website for further information  Home - With You (

Support as part of your Personalised Housing Plan

If you have applied as a homeless person, the assessment the council carries out will evaluate your on-going support needs, and ensure they are being met. Council officers may make referrals to other agencies with specialist skills and knowledge, or suggest you contact them yourself. 

If you have never been in hospital, are not homeless yet but have mental health difficulties that affect your ability to hold on to a tenancy, the council may be able to refer you to relevant help. provide an indication of some of the support services that may be available to you