Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Domestic Abuse Support

Refuge run a free 24 hour National Domestic Abuse helpline on 020 7395 7771 or visit their website at

Non-Molestation Order

If you are experiencing domestic abuse, you can gain protection by applying for a civil injunction or protection order.   An injunction is a court order that requires someone to do or not to do something.  There are two main types of injunctions available under Part IV of the Family Law Act 1996:

  • A non-molestation order
  • An occupation order

If there has been an incident within the last 10 days, the National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) will assist you with obtaining this order.  Their contact number is 0844 8044 999.  Alternatively, you can apply for the order online at

Occupancy Order

These orders can be applied for at the same time as the Non-Molestation Order where there is a joint tenancy.  Other than the perpetrator withdrawing in writing that they wish to be removed from the tenancy, only a Court can have a tenant removed.  Your local Citizens Advice Bureau can provide you with further advice and information.

The following is a list of Emergency contacts:

Sanctuary Scheme

Safe Partnership is the charity that helps victims and those in fear of violence or crime to be safe in their homes. This is achieved by reinforcing homes with added security. Our programme for young people helps them recognize the early signs of abusive relationships to prevent them becoming victims of violence or crime when they grow up. For more information see here