Housing And General Advice

Shelter provides free advice, information and advocacy to people who are homeless or in housing need.  Our page on homelessness provides more information.

Citizens Advice Bureau provides free, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on all sorts of problems from legal, money, housing, employment, consumer and much more.

Gateways offer public and voluntary services all under one roof in many town centre and high street locations across Kent.

Housing related support provides support to people for short periods of time if they are having problems sustaining their accommodation. For advice from Kent County Council click here. For advice on this in the Medway area click here.

The Kent Support & Assistance Service (KSAS) may be able offer short term help to people who live in the Kent County Council area who are suffering a crisis or emergency and have financial problems. If you live in the Medway area, there is the Local Welfare Provision (LWP) Scheme.