× Error!

Housing for ex-service personnel

Members of the armed forces, ex-service personnel, veterans and their families face unique housing challenges. Help is at hand from charities, organisations and government initiatives and some are listed here.

Download our advice guide for Armed Force Veterans here.

Help to Buy

Help to Buy helps people into home ownership.


The Confederation of Service Charities has details and links to 115 organisations supporting the armed forces.

Help for Heroes

Help for Heroes is a charity which supports wounded service personnel and their families.


Porchlight are a Kent-based homeless charity that provide practical help to ex-service rough sleepers.



The Royal British Legion provides care and support to all members of the armed forces past and present and their families.



Royal British Legion Industries provide treatment, training and support to the armed forces community. Read more..


MoneyForce provides money guidance for UK Service people and their families.


The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) are the UK's oldest armed forces charity.



Stoll provides rehabilitative support to vulnerable and disabled ex-service men and women. Read more..

Kent Sheds

The Dover Boat Shed will meet to discover the six ways to wellbeing welcoming men, women and ex-service personnel.
Contact Helen Hofmann for further information at HofmannHelen@btinternet.com

Kent and Medway Civillian Military Partnership

Kent and Medway Civillian Military Partnership need the help of serving personnel, ex-service personnel or a partner living or working in Kent and Medway to complete an online survey here.

The ReOrg Trust

The Re-Org Trust is a not for profit social enterprise, specialising in delivering support to Service and ex-military personnel during periods of transition. This could be post operational, moving from military to civilian life, from prison into the community or from being mentally un-well to recovery. For more information click here or telephone 0114 321 7567 or 0191 300 0089.